Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.78Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $19.75Free postage
- AU $25.99Free postage
- AU $16.64Was:AU $19.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeet the man who makes the mission of learning any language possible! The all-you-need guide to learning a language. Language hacker Benny Lewis shows how anyone anywhere can learn any language without leaving their home, using a simple toolkit and by harnessing the power of the Internet. Benny definitely wasn't born with the 'language gene'. After graduating in electronic engineering in his native Ireland he spent six months in Spain struggling to learn Spanish. This frustrating experience fuelled his determination to take a different approach to learning foreign languages. Today he speaks over ten languages including Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, French, German, Portuguese, and Hungarian. He has also learnt Japanese in Spain. This typifies one of his '3-month challenges' where he targets a new language and proceeds to become fluent in it within just three months. He charts his progress on his blog, proving that his techniques allow anyone to learn a language from anywhere. Benny's blog, also called Fluent in 3 Months, is the largest language learning blog in the world. The key principles of Benny's method: * Speak from day one: find mother-tongue speaking partners online. Don't be self-conscious - keep the flow going! * Change your mindset: ditch the excuses, you can do it! * Stay focused and determined: even if you don't have much time, never forget the goal you've set yourself and work at it. * Learning a language doesn't need to be expensive: there is a wealth of free resources out there, if you kw where to find them * Reap the rewards! Learning a new language is t an end in itself, but a means to meeting new people and discovering new cultures. Curiosity will fuel your determination.
- Author BiographyIrishman and internet sensation Benny Lewis was distinctly mediocre at languages at school and, upon finding himself living in Spain at the age of 21, struggled for 6 months to form a few simple sentences. But now, ten years on, he has learned to speak over a dozen languages, has travelled the world, and has countless friends in many different countries.
- Author(s)Benny Lewis
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication11/03/2014
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight190 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,B-format paperback
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.