All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFluorescence in situ Hybridization (FISH) belongs to that special category of well-established molecular biology techniques that, since their inception a few decades ago, have succeeded in keeping a prominent position within the constantly expanding list of laboratory pro- dures for biomedical research and clinical diagstics. The design simplicity and cost-effectiveness of the early FISH protocols, combined with the signifcant acceleration of discoveries in related technical areas such as fuor- cence microscopy, digital imaging, and nucleic acid techlogy have prompted the div- sifcation of the original technique into an outstanding number of imaginative and useful applications, and thus have t only held back its outmoding but have also promoted its expansion into different areas of basic and applied research in the post-gemic era. The 34 chapters included in this book aim at portraying the vibrant complexity and diversity of the current FISH protocol landscape, providing cutting-edge examples of va- ous applications for genetic and developmental research, cancer research, reproductive medicine, diagstic and progstic purposes, microbial ecology, and evolutionary st- ies. The book is divided in four parts: (I) Core Techniques, (II) Technical Advancements and Novel Adaptations, (III) Translational FISH: Applications for Human Genetics and Medicine, and (IV) Protocols for Model Organisms.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication16/08/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 659
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note15 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1172 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byEmanuela V. Volpi,Joanna M. Bridger,Keith Morris
- Edition Statement2010
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.