All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe name Flying Scotsman is rewned across the world, but the detailed story of the globally famous locomotive is often less well kwn. In this illustrated history, James S. Baldwin takes the reader on a railway journey through time, documenting the years of public and private ownership, from the Great Northern Railway in the early days, right through LNER and British Railways possession, to the tenure of Alan Pegler, Sir William McAlpine, Pete Waterman and beyond. With the engine having been acquired by the National Railway Museum in 2004, the future looks secure. Complete with stunning black-and-white and colour illustrations, this is the perfect package to allow Flying Scotsman enthusiasts, young and old, to get a real taste of the rich history of the 'most famous steam locomotive in the world'.
- Author BiographyJames S. Baldwin is a historian and industrial archaeologist who is considered to be the expert on all things Flying Scotsman.
- Author(s)James S. Baldwin
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations, 100 colour illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width248 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.