All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs western-style food systems extend further around the world, food sustainability is becoming an increasingly important issue. Such systems are t sustainable in terms of their consumption of resources, their impact on ecosystems or their effect on health and social inequality. From 2009 to 2011, the duALIne project, led by INRA and CIRAD, assembled a team of experts to investigate food systems downstream of the farm, from the farm gate, to consumption and the disposal of waste. Representing a diverse range of backgrounds spanning academia and the public and private sectors, the project aimed to review the international literature and identify major gaps in our kwledge. This book brings together its key conclusions and insights, presenting state-of-the-art research in food sustainability and identifying priority areas for further study. It will provide a valuable resource for researchers, decision-makers and stakeholders in the food industry.
- Author BiographyCatherine Esnouf is the Deputy Scientific Director for Food at INRA. She is also the head of a national research network that promotes research partnerships and industrial innovation on the sensory and nutritional quality of food. Marie Russel is a scientific project manager at INRA. She uses interdisciplinary approaches involving food sciences and the humanities to investigate agricultural and nutritional issues. Nicolas Bricas is a researcher at CIRAD who specialises in food security policies and projects. His main areas of research include the effects of urbanisation on food habits in Africa and Asia and the role of small scale food processing in food security and poverty alleviation.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note41 b/w illus.
- Weight790 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCatherine Esnouf,Marie Russel,Nicholas Bricas
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.34
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.