All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarold Weston's captivating account of his intimate relationship with the wilderness, Freedom in the Wilds combines an informal history of the Adirondack Mountain Reserve with his own experiences there as a painter and woodsman. He incorporates stories gathered over many years from the region's guides and lumbermen and the wealthy visionaries seeking to preserve the wilderness.First published in 1971, Freedom in the Wilds became a classic among Adirondack literature for its thoughtful exploration of wilderness and creativity. In this third edition, Rebecca Foster updates the original by bringing to the foreground Weston's compelling personal story. She also adds a rich trove of Weston's letters and Journal entries, along with new illustrations, explanatory tes, and a new introduction that will give Weston's story greater resonance with contemporary readers.
- Author BiographyRebecca Foster is president of the Society for the Preservation of American Modernists and Harold Weston's granddaughter and biographer. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Harold Weston
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2008
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Note68 illustrations, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byRebecca Foster
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.