Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAn extraordinary mathematical conference was held 5-9 August 1990 at the University of California at Berkeley: From Topology to Computation: Unity and Diversity in the Mathematical Sciences An International Research Conference in Hor of Stephen Smale's 60th Birthday The topics of the conference were some of the fields in which Smale has worked: * Differential Topology * Mathematical Ecomics * Dynamical Systems * Theory of Computation * Nonlinear Functional Analysis * Physical and Biological Applications This book comprises the proceedings of that conference. The goal of the conference was to gather in a single meeting mathemati- cians working in the many fields to which Smale has made lasting con- tributions. The theme Unity and Diversity is enlarged upon in the section entitled Research Themes and Conference Schedule. The organizers hoped that illuminating connections between seemingly separate mathematical sub- jects would emerge from the conference. Since such connections are t easily made in formal mathematical papers, the conference included discussions after each of the historical reviews of Smale's work in different fields. In addition, there was a final panel discussion at the end of the conference.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/09/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight954 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byJerrold Marsden,Michael Shub,Morris W. Hirsch
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1993
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.