All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $86.77Trending at AU $95.16
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionFollow the lives of two immortals, Dorian Thorne and Mathias Sorensen, from their early years, to the apocalypse and beyond. These two men first cross paths in Victorian London, an encounter which does t leave them on friendly terms. They are fated to meet again though, in the present, the year 2095. From the Embers is t only a story of civilization trying to rebuild after the end of the world, but also one of two men trying to rebuild their wounded and shattered souls out of the ashes of their pasts. It is a voyage of self discovery that takes three hundred years and along the way they find that their lives may t have been by chance. There is a plan behind their immortality and it may be one of sinister design. Mathias Sorensen was born in 1776, near Copenhagen, Denmark. The son of a fisherman, he'd always dreamed of being a painter, but that dream was t meant to be. Instead, his life spirals downhill when, at age nineteen, he meets a man named Gunnar Pederson. Gunnar takes him in, but his cruel appetites destroy Mathias' life. He eventually flees, but a broken shell of the man he was, whose only recourse is to rebuild himself in the image of his tormentor. Dorian Thorne was born, thirty-six years later, in the East End of London, England. Caught up in the cholera outbreak of 1832, he learns of his immortality early in life, but at an awful price. Cursed to walk the earth for over a century, unable to remember his early years, he eventually learns that he suppressed these memories because they were too painful. Shunned and forced from the only person he cared about, the experience would scar his ability to let anyone get close to him for the rest of his life. The two men meet, for the first time, in London in 1862, but part three years later after a volatile and unhealthy relationship. It will be over two hundred years before they see each other again, both having found love and loss, been involved in some shady and less than legal situations, witnessed the end of the world, and tried and failed to gain peace and understanding of themselves. In the end, they begin to realize that their lives are somehow, inexplicably, entwined and they find the keys that may just lead to the ultimate explanation of who they are and how they can begin to heal. Not for the feint of heart, From The Embers contains plenty of heartbreak, depictions of the end of the world and sexual content.
- Author BiographySpring Horton is a novelist and script writer who sometimes dabbles in poetry. She has recently finished an MA in theatre directing as well and hopes to branch out in that field. She has published two novels, a play and two books of poetry. Her latest novel is From The Embers, Book One of the Ancient Order. This book was written in a new style by creating original characters and role-playing them with other writers online. When she isn't writing, Spring enjoys travelling, baking, art, theatre and films and the outdoors.
- Author(s)Spring Horton
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.