All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.29
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionLate in her life, acclaimed velist Elizabeth Delamere makes a request of her therapist, Doctor Newman: she asks him to oversee the publication of her last book after she dies. It is a memoir in which she reveals that she is Evelyn Dick, the torious torso murderer acquitted on appeal of dismembering her husband, and convicted of killing her infant son. In 1958 she was paroled, and disappeared into the mists of history. In Blue Moon, James King draws on the historical case of Evelyn Dick, and imagines her life after her release from prison. It is a life in which she travels to Vancouver, renames herself, and settles into a position as sales clerk at Duthie Books on Robson. There she meets Ethel Wilson, begins therapy, and tries to understand the events that led to her imprisonment and current life. She also begins to write, and finds herself a successfully published author. But did she murder her husband? Is she guilty of neglect of her baby boy? Was her life as Hamilton's most torious prostitute her responsibility? With the help of Doctor Newman, she attempts to come to understand the violence in which she was involved, her sense of guilt, and the essential truth of her incence.
- Author BiographyBarbara's young adult novel The Secret Wish of Nannerl Mozart was shortlisted for numerous awards. She lives in Yarrow, British Columbia.
- Author(s)Barbara Nickel
- PublisherPress Porcepic,Ontario
- Date of Publication01/04/1999
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintPress Porcepic,Ontario
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight122 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kathy Thiessen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.