All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b><i>Inside Out and Back Again</i> meets <i>One Crazy Summer</i> and <i>Brown Girl Dreaming</i> in this vel-in-verse about fitting in and standing up for what's right</b> It's 1969, and the Apollo 11 mission is getting ready to go to the moon. But for half-black, half-Japanese Mimi, moving to a predominantly white Vermont town is eugh to make her feel alien. Suddenly, Mimi's appearance is all anyone tices. She struggles to fit in with her classmates, even as she fights for her right to stand out by entering science competitions and joining Shop Class instead of Home Ec. And even though teachers and neighbors balk at her mixed-race family and her refusals to conform, Mimi's dreams of becoming an astronaut never fade-- matter how many times she's told . This historical middle-grade vel is told in poems from Mimi's perspective over the course of one year in her new town, and shows readers that positive change can start with just one person speaking up.
- Author BiographyMarilyn Hilton has published numerous short stories, poems, essays, and two previous children's books. She lives with her husband and three children in Northern California.
- Author(s)Marilyn Hilton
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2017
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- ImprintDial Books for Young Readers,US
- Weight522 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $52.95
- AU $11.09Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.62
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.54
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $17.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.