Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionGalectins: Methods and Protocols is the first book solely dedicated to methodological approaches designed to study galectin function. The galectin family represents one of the most pleiotropic families, with individual members having been implicated in various aspects of nearly every biological process described, from RNA splicing to complex regulatory circuits that orchestrate adaptive immunity. Given the diverse roles of galectins in a variety of biological systems, studying these glycan binding proteins often requires the assimilation of diverse technical skills to fully appreciate their biological function. Their nearly ubiquitous expression and ability to bind highly modifiable carbohydrate ligands, in addition to a variety of other regulatory proteins, allows these glycan binding proteins (GBPs) to possess the capacity to regulate a wide variety of biological processes. Individual chapters are dedicated to examining salient features of galectin functions. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and tes on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and easily accessible, Galectins: Methods and Protocols seeks to serve both professionals and vices with a useful framework when examining galectin function for many years to come.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number1207
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note48 black & white illustrations, 52 colour illustrations, 3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1230 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byRichard D. Cummings,Sean R. Stowell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.