All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.87Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to the seventh volume of the must-have reference series for game developers, Game Programming Gems, the series that helped define the standards for game programming and continues to be an essential source for new, invative techniques. Game Programming Gems 7 provides the tools and inspiration that game developers need to excel. Featuring cutting-edge, ready-to-use techniques contributed by industry veterans and experts, this new collection is a key resource for inspiration, insight, and a plethora of time-saving, ready-to-use methods for the developer's tool box! Gems 7 answers the needs of passionate developers, eager newcomers, voracious production requirements, and the demand for invating and entertaining gameplay. Covering all the key development areas including math and physics, artificial intelligence, audio, and even scripting and data-driven systems, each section is edited by an expert in the field to ensure that the ideas are original, accurate, and useful.There are gems that contribute directly to a player's experience of the game, including audio production gems and human-game interactions. Does your development team include a DBA? Inside you'll find a gem that suggests ways to integrate your object system with a relational database. Recognizing the need for good solutions for managing ever-increasing team sizes and facilitating efficient internal and external communications, there is a networking gem that applies tools to multiplayer development that are common to many network administrators, but may t yet have widespread use in our industry. Dig into this new volume of useful, practical ideas and techniques and get ready to make games that are more inventive, entertaining, and satisfying!
- Author BiographyScott Jacobs has been working in the games industry since 1995. Currently he is a Senior Software Engineer at Destineer. Prior to this he has worked as a software engineer at the serious games company Virtual Heroes, two Ubisoft studios including Redstorm Entertainment, and began in the game development industry at Interactive Magic. He also served as the Network & Multiplayer section edition in Game Programming Gems 6. He lives in North Carolina with his wife and a house full of creatures.
- Author(s)Scott Jacobs
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication21/02/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputer Games: User Guides
- Place of PublicationHingham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCharles River Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures, colour plates
- Weight1445 g
- Width196 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.