All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $32.33
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
About this product
- DescriptionIn 17th century Rotterdam, a young girl, newly orphaned, is employed as a lady's maid to Vrouw Gibbons, English-born wife of a wealthy merchant. Saskia is capable and hard-working, but it soon becomes apparent that her talent for the manufacture of beautifying face balms and other potions - a legacy from her mother - far exceeds her lowly status. She catches the eye of Grinling Gibbons, her employers' only son, an apprentice carver who is already acquiring a reputation for his craft, and of his English friend, Robert Harding. When the Gibbons family decides to return to England, Saskia goes with them. She is an independent-minded and ambitious young woman, and in time the opportunity arises for her to set up in business selling the beauty products which have earned her a devoted clientele. Robert supports and advises her in this enterprise, hopeful of winning her love. But Saskia has given her heart to Grinling Gibbons, a man whose interests lie elsewhere...
- Author BiographyRosalind Laker's first short story was accepted by return of post, as was her first novel. Since then she has written many books, most of which have been translated into several languages. Rosalind Laker is married to a Norwegian, and spends much of her time in Norway, where they have restored a 400-year-old cottage.
- Author(s)Rosalind Laker
- PublisherSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication24/07/2009
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationSutton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSevern House Paperbacks Ltd
- Weight290 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.