All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionIndia has fallen far and fast from the runaway growth rates it enjoyed in the first decade of the twenty-first century. In order to reverse this trend, New Delhi must seriously reflect on its policy choices across a wide range of issue areas. Getting India Back on Track broadly coincides with the 2014 Indian elections to spur a public debate about the program that the next government should pursue in order to return the country to a path of high growth. It convenes some of India's most accomplished analysts to recommend policies in every major sector of the Indian ecomy. Taken together, these seventeen focused and concise memoranda offer policymakers and the general public alike a clear blueprint for India's future.
- Author BiographyAshley J. Tellis is a senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace specializing in international security, defense, and Asian strategic issues. As senior adviser to the U.S. undersecretary of state for political affairs, he was intimately involved in negotiating the civil nuclear agreement with India. Previously, he was senior adviser to the ambassador at the U.S. embassy in New Delhi. He also served on the National Security Council staff as special assistant to the president and senior director for strategic planning and Southwest Asia. Bibek Debroy is a professor at the Centre for Policy Research, Delhi. He has worked in academia, industry chambers, and for the government, including in leadership positions in the Legal Adjustments and Reforms for Globalising the Economy project and the Commission on Legal Empowerment of the Poor. Debroy is the author of several books, papers, and articles. Reece Trevor is a research assistant in the South Asia program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, where he previously served as a junior fellow focusing on South Asian security and U.S. grand strategy.
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication09/06/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCarnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAshley J. Tellis,Bibek Debroy,Trevor Reece
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.