All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe neoliberal tion of employability has risen to prominence over the past 20 years, having been positioned as the crux of national, organizational and individual prosperity. To be employable, individuals are increasingly called upon to be self-reliant; aligning themselves to the conditions of an ostensibly fast-moving and precarious global ecomy. This special issue of ephemera calls attention to the way this current preoccupation with employability tethers questions of equality and human development to the instrumental capitalist obsession with growth and renewal. The 13 contributions to this issue give tice to employability as a colonizing attribute of human resourcefulness that promotes marginalization, exploitation and stigmatization. By exploring the type of self employability demands, and analysing the consequences of its required engagement, we hope employability will be both ticed and acted upon.
- Date of Publication12/11/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationColchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight397 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byEkaterina Chertkovskaya,Peter Watt,Stefan Tramer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.