All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKwn as a remarkable classicist, Anne Carson weaves contemporary and ancient poetic strands with stunning style in Glass, Irony and God. This collection includes: The Glass Essay, a powerful poem about the end of a love affair, told in the context of Carson's reading of the Bronte sisters; Book of Isaiah, a poem evoking the deeply primitive feel of ancient Judaism; and The Fall of Rome, about her trip to find Rome and her struggle to overcome feelings of a terrible alienation there.
- Author BiographyAnne Carson was born in Canada and teaches ancient Greek for a living at New York University. Her awards and honors include the Lannan Award, the Pushcart Prize, the Griffin Trust Award for Excellence in Poetry, a Guggenheim fellowship, and the MacArthur Genius Award. She is the author of Nox; Glass, Irony and God; The Autobiography of Red; The Beauty of the Husband; Decreation; Economy of the Unlost; Eros the Bittersweet; Grief Lessons; If Not, Winter; Men in the Off Hours; and Plainwater.
- Author(s)Anne Carson
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication18/09/1996
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Weight180 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.