All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- Description'Getting under the skin of the United States, Helene Toye writes with wry humor, and shines a beam on facets of America that we all kw and love.' TAHIR SHAH - author of 'The Caliph's House'. ----------------------- 'Integrating into American life? Not as easy as you'd think. Cultural differences can reveal themselves in the most mundane situations. Go West contains anecdotes Europeans can identify with, written with self-deprecating humor, while set in a land where many people often take themselves pretty seriously. Helene's book is a real page-turner; a pure joy of a read!' TOM VAN DE WEGHE, author of 'Beestig China' and VRT correspondent for America. ------------------------ After her move across the Atlantic, Helene Toye tries to adapt to American life AND her new role as a full-time mom. Time after time, she - or her children - commit faux-pas, which put them in awkward situations. As expats everywhere kw, speaking the language of the natives doesn't mean that you will understand each other. This collection of stories is bound to make you smile as you watch Helene try to master American rituals like the Parent Coffee and the Neighborhood Listserv. Americans will enjoy seeing their customs through a foreigner's eyes.
- Author BiographyAfter years of combining motherhood and a job in Belgium, Helene Toye follows her husband to America. Once there, she sets to writing about the culture shocks, anecdotes and frustrations that come with settling down into a new role in a new environment. Helene Toye now lives in the Washington, DC suburbs with her husband and their two children.
- Author(s)Helene Toye
- Date of Publication16/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.