All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.30
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
About this product
- DescriptionDo you think about science when you play baseball? Probably t. But you use science anyway. In sports, Making the Play involves more than athletic skill it's all possible because of physics! Linking scientific concepts such as momentum and launch angle to actions common to each sport, this new series unveils the unseen world of forces at work behind each bat, ball, or club. High-contrast design and relatable images of people at play provide a colorful backdrop to each high-interest title. An elementary introduction to the physics involved in the sport of golf, including scientific concepts such as torque and lift, and actions such as swinging and twisting. Includes TOC, diagrams, glossary, book references, websites, and index. Full-color photographs throughout.
- Author BiographyValerie Bodden is the author of more than 150 children's books. Her books have received favorable reviews from Booklist, Children's Literature, ForeWord Magazine, Horn Book Guide, VOYA, and School Library Journal. Valerie lives in Wisconsin with her husband, four children, one dog, one cat, a growing collection of fish, and miscellaneous bugs that her children have rescued from the outdoors. She spends most of her time writing or wrangling children and animals.
- Author(s)Valerie Bodden
- PublisherCreative Paperbacks
- Date of Publication19/07/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleMaking the Play
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreative Paperbacks
- Weight91 g
- Width218 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.