All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.00Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.15
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $37.75Trending at AU $39.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis text is a guide to good practice within adult mental health care, providing a comprehensive introduction to mental health and illness. It is designed to aid mental health professionals and workers, agencies, and any individuals coming in to contact with mental illness, in recognising a mental health need or problem and offering appropriate support. This is an essential introduction written by practitioners, and also draws from the personal experiences of service users and carers, providing up-to-date and topical material covering major issues such as: * the concepts of mental health, illness and recovery * advocacy and empowerment * legal and policy issues relating to practice * gender and ethnicity in mental health * violence and abuse. The broad range of this book makes it an excellent resource for mental health practitioners, whether experienced or new to the field, support workers, students, and anyone interested in understanding the complexities of mental illness and the mental health system.
- Author BiographyTony Ryan is Director of Tony Ryan Associates, an Associate Consultant with the National Institute for Mental Health in England (North West) and an Associate Consultant for the Health and Social Care Advisory Service and has worked in service development since June 2000. He has experience as a mental health nurse in the NHS and edited Managing Crisis and Risk in Mental Health Nursing (1999). Tony has published on a wide range of topics including service development, mental health policy, nursing practice and research methodology. Jacki Pritchard is a qualified social worker who has worked as a practitioner and manager in both fieldwork and hospital settings. She is currently working as a trainer, consultant and researcher focusing on abuse, risk and violence.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/06/2004
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleGood Practice in Health, Social Care and Criminal Justice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight535 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJacki Pritchard,Tony Ryan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.