All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an English translation of Plato's dialogue of Socrates seeking the true definition of rhetoric, with an attempt to show the flaws of the sophistic orators. Includes speeches from Thucydides' History of the Peloponnesian Wars that reflect Plato's themes. Focus Philosophical Library translations are close to and are n-interpretative of the original text, with the tes and a glossary intending to provide the reader with some sense of the terms and the concepts as they were understood by Plato's immediate audience.
- Author BiographyJames A. Arieti (Ph.D. from Stanford University) is the Graves H. Thompson Professor of Classics at Hampden-Sydney College. He is the author of numerous books, on subjects that include Empedocles, Greek athletics, ancient medicine, Herodotus, Homer, Horace, Livy, Dante, Machiavelli, Philo, Plato, and the Septuagint. Roger M. Barrus (Ph.D. from Harvard) is Elliott Professor of Political Science at Hamden-Sydney College in Virginia, where he has taught since 1982. He is the author of articles and reviews and has delivered lectures on political philosophy, international relations, and American government and politics.
- PublisherFocus Publishing/R Pullins & Co
- Date of Publication14/11/2006
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFocus Publishing/R Pullins & Co
- Weight308 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJames A. Arieti,Roger M. Barrus
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.