All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
About this product
- DescriptionIn his compelling new collection, David Huddle writes. We think / we stand in the vivid color of here and w / and view the past as drab black and white, / whereas the truth is - it's our future / that's the off-center, badly focused grayscale. Spiraling between the tenses of time, David Huddle creates in these vibrant poems a defense against the encroachment of age through the resources of language and memory, imagination and art. Moments recollected from his own life and family seem appealingly familiar; a teenage dance, Grandmama's morning coffee, young daughters playing dolls. With age, wonder has become understanding, and so when intimations of his death arise in the midst of sharing a joke with his children, the poet shows us the comfort and peace that murky prospect may hold. Undaunted, Huddle gives us in Grayscale t false hopes about our lives but a range of ways to transcend their limits.
- Author BiographyDavid Huddle has published four previous poetry volumes, most recently Summer Lake: New and Selected Poems, and six books of fiction. Originally from Virginia, he has taught at the University of Vermont since 1971.
- Author(s)David Huddle
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleSouthern Messenger Poets S.
- Place of PublicationBaton Rouge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Weight91 g
- Width133 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.