All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsidered among the highest achievements of the American arts and crafts movement, Greene & Greene furniture was custom-built for specific interior spaces, and many of the pieces still remain in their original locations. This manual, written by a nationally recognized furniture maker, provides intermediate and advanced woodworkers with well illustrated, step-by-step instructions for classic Greene & Greene details, including ebony plugs, cloud lifts, leg indents, brackets, and pulls. A discussion of the design philosophy of the period accompanies how-to chapters, and photographs of contemporary Greene-inspired furniture provide ideas for projects. Biographical sketches are included for Charles and Henry Greene, Peter and John Hall (who built most of the furniture), and competing furniture maker Gustav Stickley.
- Author BiographyDarrell Peart is a furniture maker and designer who has worked for commercial furniture companies and high-end custom shops. He has written articles for Fine Woodworking, Home Furniture, and Woodworker's Journal. He lives in Renton, Washington.
- Author(s)Darrell Peart
- PublisherLinden Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationFresno
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLinden Publishing Co Inc
- Content Notecolour photos & b/w illus
- Weight499 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.