All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a compendium of proceedings from the Symposium on Growth Hormone II: Basic and Clinical Aspects. The intent of the sym- posium was to review current aspects of the rapidly expanding science of growth hormone (GH) neuroendocrilogy, especially those develop- ments that occurred since our last meeting in 1985. The meeting was timely since there have been many new and exciting developments in basic research on the GH axis, and several new clinical applications for GH other than growth have been identified. For example, significant strides have been made into use of the bioengineered hormone as an anabolic in debilitated states and as an immurestorative agent. Both these areas have received most attention as they relate to geriatric popu- lations. Furthermore, recent focus on a vel family of GH secretagogues that complement the action of GHRH has shown that in animal models, these compounds have the potential to restore GH secretion in deficient or insufficient states, including growth retardation, obesity, and aging. Accordingly, these xebiotics may have significant potential as drug products to stimulate physiological GH secretion and, thus, resist or reverse some of the maladaptive changes in form and function resulting from GH insufficiency. The importance of these agents as drug candidates is underscored by the diversity of molecules that have been studied by various pharmaceutical companies and the recent discovery that n- peptide analogs with high oral bioavailability can be synthesized.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/10/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleSerono Symposia, USA
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight609 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byBarry B. Bercu,Richard F. Walker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.