All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive two-volume guide is the definitive source for researchers seeking an understanding of those who have occupied the White House and on the institution of the U.S. presidency. Readers turn Guide to the Presidency for its wealth of facts and analytical chapters that explain the structure, powers, and operations of the office and the president's relationship with Congress and the Supreme Court. The Fifth Edition of this acclaimed reference completes coverage of the George W. Bush presidency, the 2008 election, and the first 3 years of the presidency of Barack Obama. This includes coverage of their handling of the ecomic crisis, wars abroad, and Obama's healthcare initiatives. The work is divided into eight distinct subject areas covering every aspect of the U.S. presidency, and all chapters in each subject area have been revised and updated: Origins and Development of the Presidency, including constitutional beginnings, history of the presidency and vice presidency, and presidential ratings Selection and Removal of the President, including the electoral process, a chrology of presidential elections, removal of the president and vice president, and succession Powers of the Presidency, including the unilateral powers of the presidency and those as chief of state, chief administrator, legislative leader, commander in chief, and chief ecomist The President, the Public, and the Parties, including presidential appearances, the president and political parties, the president and the news media, the presidency and pop culture, public support and opinion, and the president and interest groups The Presidency and the Executive Branch, including the White House Office, the Office of the Vice President, supporting organizations, the cabinet and executive departments, presidential commissions, and executive branch housing, pay, and perquisites Chief Executive and Federal Government, including the president and Congress, the president and the Supreme Court, and the president and the bureaucracy Presidents, their Families, and Life in the White House and Beyond, including the daily life of the president, the first lady, the first family, friends of presidents, and life after the presidency Biographies of the Presidents, Vice Presidents, First Ladies This new volume also features more than 200 textboxes, tables, and figures. Major revisions cover the supporting White House organizations and the president's role as chief ecomist. Additional reference materials include explanatory headtes, as well as hundreds of photographs with detailed captions.
- Author BiographyMichael Nelson is Fulmer Professor of Political Science at Rhodes College. He is also a senior fellow of the Miller Center of Public Affairs at the University of Virginia and senior contributing editor and book editor of the Cook Political Report. His recent books include Resilient America: Electing Nixon in 1968, Channeling Dissent, and Dividing Government (2014), which won the Richard e. Neustadt Award for Best Book on the American Presidency and How the South Joined the Gambling Nation: The Politics of State Policy Innovation (with John Mason; 2008), which won the V. O. Key Award for outstanding book on southern politics. More than fifty of his articles have been reprinted in anthologies of political science, history, music, sports, and English composition.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCQ Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight5352 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine124 mm
- Edited byMichael Nelson
- Contained items statementContains 2 Hardbacks
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.