All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new Handbook addresses the state of the art in the application of operations research models to problems in preventing terrorist attacks, planning and preparing for emergencies, and responding to and recovering from disasters. The purpose of the book is to enlighten policy makers and decision makers about the power of operations research to help organizations plan for and respond to terrorist attacks, natural disasters, and public health emergencies, while at the same time providing researchers with one single source of up-to-date research and applications. The Handbook consists of nine separate chapters: * Using Operations Research Methods for Homeland Security Problems* Operations Research and Homeland Security: Overview and Case Study of Pandemic Influenza* Deployed Security Games for Patrol Planning* Interdiction Models and Applications* Time Discrepant Shipments in Manifest Data* Achieving Realistic Levels of Defensive Hedging * Mitigating the Risk of an Anthrax Attack with Medical Countermeasures* Service Networks for Public Health Preparedness and Large-scale Disaster Relief Efforts* Disaster Response Planning in the Private Sector
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/11/2012
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleInternational Series in Operations Research & Management Science
- Series Part/Volume Number183
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note21 black & white tables, 1 colour tables, biography
- Weight520 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJeffrey W. Herrmann
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.