All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $13.20
- AU $9.84Trending at AU $12.96
- AU $11.69Trending at AU $12.46
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $17.58
- AU $9.50Trending at AU $11.76
- AU $8.84Trending at AU $11.31
- AU $4.99Trending at AU $8.54
About this product
- DescriptionAt its most basic, philosophy is about learning how to think about the world around us. It should come as surprise, then, that children make excellent philosophers! Plato & Co. introduces children--and curious grown-ups--to the lives and work of famous philosophers, from Socrates to Descartes, Einstein, Marx, and Wittgenstein. Each book in the series features an engaging--and often funny--story that presents basic tenets of philosophical thought alongside vibrant color illustrations. In Hannah Arendt's Little Theater, the philosopher Hannah Arendt is about to finish her last book, but she is sure something is missing. As she puzzles over her words, she is visited by a friend from the past--ne other than her nine-year-old self! Reluctantly, she accepts young Hannah's helping hand, joining the small blue-cardiganed girl on an adventure through the streets of New York City to a tiny theater where they watch a frightening play about a town terrorized by an evil wolf and his pack of puppets. But, even in the blackest moments, when evil seems sure to prevail, it is always possible to turn things around. Could the same be said of the -theater- of the real world, in which real people come together to create change? Plato & Co.'s clear approach and charming illustrations make this series the perfect addition to any little library.
- Author BiographyJean Paul Mongin is a philosopher who lives and works in Paris. He is the editor of the Plato & Co. series. Marion Muller-Cotard is a theologian and the author of several children's books in French. Anna Street is a PhD candidate at Universite Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne and the University of Kent.
- Author(s)Marion Muller-Colard
- PublisherDiaphanes AG
- Date of Publication26/01/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintDiaphanes AG
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight188 g
- Width155 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Clemence Pollet
- Translated byAnna Street
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.