All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThousands of years ago people living on the grasslands of central Asia realised that horses could transport them long distances, help them fight their wars, pull their ploughs and provide them with sport and companionship. Ever since, horses and human history have been intertwined. There are all kinds of horses in this beautifully illustrated, fact-filled book. From fast horses like the Barb, which travelled to Spain from Africa in the early eighth century, to Mongolian war horses, this is a treasure trove of equine information and history.
- Author BiographyJeff Crosby and Shelley Ann Jackson are graduates of the MFA illustration program at the School of Visual Arts in New York City. They now make their home in Austin, Texas with their daughters. The duo's first book together, Little Lions, Bull Baiters & Hunting Hounds, received a nonfiction research grant from the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators and was awarded the Gold Medal in Juvenile Nonfiction by ForeWord Magazine 's Book of the Year Awards.
- Author(s)Jeff Crosby
- PublisherTundra Books
- Date of Publication24/11/2011
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTundra Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width237 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Shelley Ann Jackson
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.