All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.64Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.66Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionNew evidence that has come to light regarding the destiny of Jews in Nazi Europe. An extraordinary opportunity of salvation almost crystallized into actuality. Central European Jewry was on the brink of being rescued. The facts must be stated up front: masses of Jews were about to be evacuated from Europe and allowed to settle in Northern Rhodesia, a British protectorate situated in southern central Africa.
- Author BiographyFrank Shapiro, MA in History from the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, is a former high school history teacher of European and Jewish history, and previously held the post of assistant researcher at the Museum of the Diaspora, Tel Aviv. Frank Shapiro was commissioned by the Council of Zambian Jewry to research and write the history of Northern Rhodesian/Zambian Jewry leading to the publication of Zion in Africa in 1999. His second book, Haven in Africa, revealing new and undisclosed facts on the Holocaust, was published in 2002. He lectures frequently on his subjects and has contributed diverse historical articles in newspapers and journals. Born in London, he lives with his wife and family in Israel.
- Author(s)Frank Shapiro
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.