All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
About this product
- DescriptionA public relations director and a principal have mostly the same goals in helping students achieve at high levels. While each might go about impacting student learning in different ways, they both work to make education better. In Having an Impact on Learning, the husband and wife team of Matt and Kelly Wachel, help show how both the principal and the public relations director can propel education forward. Whether it's through perception, teaching and learning, communication, social media, events, student achievement, or working with the community, principals and public relations professionals have to understand their roles in contributing to each of those areas. While the topics of conversation between these two professions sometimes cause disagreement, in the end, the principal and the public relations professional agree that their two views must ultimately mesh to help do what's best for kids. In this book, get insight into these areas of education and learn about ways principals and public relations directors can work in harmony. School leaders and communicators have to be on the same page when it comes to telling the story of education. We are all storytellers and we have to be able to tell the story together.
- Author BiographyKelly Wachel is the public relations director for Center School District in south Kansas City. She is the author of Parents and Schools Together: Blueprint for Success with Urban Youth. She spends part of her time helping produce high achieving students and part of her time raising her three kids, Maggie, Abe, and Lydia, with her husband Matt. Connect with her @kellywachel. Matt Wachel has been a teacher, principal, assistant principal, and early childhood director. He is an ASCD Emerging Leader and currently works as an assistant principal in the Park Hill School District in Kansas City. When he's not working with students and teachers at school or spending time with his wife Kelly and kids, Maggie, Abe, and Lydia, he's usually connecting on Twitter or on Voxer. Connect with him @mattwachel.
- Author(s)Kelly Wachel,Matt Wachel
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight158 g
- Width149 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.