All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume examines crimes that violate environmental regulations, as part of an emerging area of crimilogy kwn as green crimilogy. The contributions to this book examine criminal justice concerns related to regulating and enforcing environmental laws, as well as the consequences for families and communities impacted by hazardous waste and pollution. It also describes possible strategies for deterring and preventing organized crime related to environmental regulations, including black market sales of ozone depleting substances. This invative volume provides a crimilogical framework for understanding environmental harms. Examining cases from the US, Europe and Australia, this volume compares and contrasts international approaches for regulating hazardous substances, and enforcing those regulations. This work will be of interest to researchers in crimilogy and criminal justice, particularly interested in green crimilogy or environmental law, as well as researchers in environmental sciences, white collar and corporate crime, and policymakers.
- Author BiographyTanya Wyatt is a Principal Lecturer in Criminology at Northumbria University. Her research focuses on green crimes, such as wildlife trafficking and animal welfare, and these crimes' intersection with organized crime and terrorism. She also conducts research around invisible crimes, including crimes of the powerful such as bio-piracy.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication03/09/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note8 black & white tables, biography
- Weight456 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byTanya Wyatt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.