All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe surprising and true life story of a Chicago newspaperman whose disability and seven years in the Franciscan Order of monks ultimately led him to create new waves in journalism, He Writes About Us is the autobiography of journalist Kenan Heise. Using the power of kindness and the press, Heise countered the depersonalization of the news by telling the stories of ordinary people from all walks of life, especially consumers, women, the poor, and mirities, and in doing so broke through long-established barriers of reporting. He writes about how his monastic life and his epilepsy influenced his journalism and relates his encounters with the extraordinary writers and individuals who supported him in adopting his highly original style. In an age of instant, international communication, competition for readership is much stronger than ever before, and Heise's life story shows aspiring journalists and reporters that a personalist approach to writing can attract readers and hold their interest while delivering meaningful information.
- Author BiographyKenan Heise is an award-winning author and journalist as well as an inductee into the Chicago Journalism Hall of Fame. A retired reporter, columnist, and staff writer for the Chicago Tribune, he served 17 years as editor of the Action Line column and 15 as chief obituary writer. He is the author of 25 books, including They Speak for Themselves: Interviews with the Destitute of Chicago, and has taught writing at Columbia College and DePaul University. He lives in Chicago.
- Author(s)Kenan Heise
- PublisherMarion Street Press Inc.
- Date of Publication15/12/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationOak Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarion Street Press Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight398 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.