Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past decade, interest in Gypsies, Roma and Travellers (GRT) has risen up the political and media agendas, but they remain relatively unkwn. This topical book is the first to chart the history and contemporary developments in GRT community activism, and the community and voluntary organisations and coalitions which support it. Underpinned by radical community development and equality theories, it describes the communities' struggle for rights against a backdrop of intense intersectional discrimination across Europe, and critiques the ambivalent role of community development in fostering these campaigns. Much of it co-written by community activists, it is a vehicle for otherwise marginalised voices, and an essential resource and inspiration for practitioners, lecturers, researchers and members of GRT communities.
- Author BiographyAndrew Ryder is a Fellow at Bristol University, Associate Fellow at the Third Sector Research Centre, Birmingham and Visiting Professor at the Corvinus University, Budapest. Sarah Cemlyn is a Fellow at Bristol University. She has worked extensively with Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities as community practitioner, researcher, writer and activist Prof Thomas Acton holds honorary chairs at Greenwich and Corvinus, Budapest, is Senior Research Fellow, Bucks New University, and Patron, Roma Support Group, London.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication08/10/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight522 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAndrew Ryder,Sarah Cemlyn,Thomas Acton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.