All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive guide to alternative investments and a valuable study companion for the CFA, CAIA, FRM and other professional examinations that include hedge fund investing The 2nd Edition offers new material related to portfolio financing, how funds are sold, liquid alternatives, and the challenges faced when trying to value hedge fund management companies. This edition includes updated power point slides, and a companion workbook with an updated set of end of chapter problems and a revised set of over 150 test bank questions. Hedge Fund Investing is a complete guide to alternative investments for students and professionals alike. Written to align with the CAIA curriculum, this book is much more than just an exam preparation resource it's a fully comprehensive guide to hedge fund investing in today's market, designed to provide professionals with the deep understanding they need to operate effectively. Broad coverage under the alternative investment umbrella includes discussion about hedge funds, derivatives, investment banking, and commercial banking, with specific guidance toward trading, strategy, portfolio management, performance metrics, due diligence, and more. A full set of ancillary materials helps bring this book into the classroom, and provides rigorous reinforcement of the material presented in the text. Alternative investment expertise has become central to the asset management and institutional investment community. This book facilitates clear understanding of the intricacies of the field and guides you through the practical skills needed to successfully navigate this diverse set of asset classes. * Recognize hedge fund trends, flows, and characteristics * Examine major hedge fund strategies and how they interact * Learn the technical side of financing, settlement, and clearance * Measure fund performance and optimize contributing factors Hedge funds and other alternative investments are kwn for their high reward, but they also come with significant risk. The investment professional's role is to minimize these risks while maximizing reward, but the nuanced nature of these assets dramatically complicates the task. Hedge Fund Investing details every aspect to give you the deep and instinctual understanding you need to operate effectively within the alternative investment sphere.
- Author BiographyKEVIN R. MIRABILE is a clinical assistant professor of finance and business economics at Fordham University's Gabelli School of Business, where he teaches courses on finance, alternative investing, and hedge funds. During his more than thirty years in financial services, he has held senior executive positions at Larch Lane Advisors, Morgan Stanley, Daiwa Securities, and Barclays Capital. He is a Certified Public Accountant, a member of the Hedge Fund Association's Education Committee, and a member of the Greenwich Roundtable's Founders Council. He also holds a bachelor's degree from S.U.N.Y. Albany, a master's degree in international banking and finance from Boston University, and a doctorate in finance and economics from Pace University.
- Author(s)Kevin R. Mirabile
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication08/01/2016
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Finance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight560 g
- Width175 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $14.00Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.