Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionAt the age of five, little orphan Heidi is sent to live with her grandfather in the Alps. Everyone in the village is afraid of him, but Heidi is fascinated by his long beard and bushy grey eyebrows. She loves her life in the mountains, playing in the sunshine and growing up amongst the goats and birds. But one terrible day, Heidi is collected by her aunt and is made to live with a new family in town. Heidi can't bear to be away from her grandfather; can she find a way back up the mountain, where she belongs? Heidi was written by Johanna Spyri as a book for children and those who love children . It is one of the best-selling books ever written and is among the best-kwn works of Swiss literature. This Macmillan Collector's Library edition of Heidi, is illustrated throughout with line drawings. Designed to appeal to the booklover, the Macmillan Collector's Library is a series of beautifully bound gift editions of much loved classic titles. Bound in real cloth, printed on high quality paper, and featuring ribbon markers and gilt edges, Macmillan Collector's Library are books to love and treasure.
- Author BiographyJohanna Spyri was born in a small village called Hirzel, southeast of Zurich, Switzerland, on June 12, 1827, as the daughter of a country doctor. She went to school and was tutored at home, then studied languages and piano in Zurich. In 1852 she married lawyer Bernhard Spyri (1821-1884) and they had a son, Bernard (1855-1884). In 1871 Spyri started to write stories to raise money for refugees from the Franco-Prussian war, and her first full length story, Heidi, was published in 1881. She wrote many other stories and though some were successful, none of them matched Heidi for popularity or longevity. She died in Zurich on July 7, 1901.
- Author(s)Johanna Spyri
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Weight197 g
- Width99 mm
- Height158 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.