Hell's Gates: The True Australian Story of the Escaped Convict Who Turned to Cannibalism to Survive by Paul Collins (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.93Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by mister_bookman
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlexander Pearce and seven of his fellow convicts escaped from gaol in 1822 into one of the most unique and beautiful places on earth - the Tasmanian wilderness. This classic Australian story details the men's attempt to free themselves from the most isolated of penal settlements in the world, only to find themselves facing hostile natives, impenetrable landscape, and a harrowing fate of violence, murder and cannibalism. Paul Collins' riveting narrative of hardship and desperation, vividly reconstructs this amazing story with a keen eye for the follies of human nature. Now also an awardwinning Australian film with tie-in cover.
- Author BiographyPaul Collins is an historian, writer, author of ten books and broadcaster, often heard on the ABC.
- Author(s)Paul Collins
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Content NoteMaps
- Weight390 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementFilm tie-in edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.