All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.74Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionIn addition to excerpts from one of the greatest American vels, Moby-Dick, this anthology presents the complete text of Typee: A Peep at Polynesian Life. The well-rounded survey of Melville's oeuvre also includes the short stories Bartelby the Scrivener, Paradise of Bachelors and Tartarus of Maids, and The Encantadas, plus an extensive selection of poetry.
- Author BiographyHerman Melville (1819-1891) found early success with stories inspired by his adventures in the South Seas. His fortunes declined with the 1851 publication of Moby-Dick, now recognized as a masterpiece but scorned by Melville's contemporaries. The author was obliged to work as a New York City customs inspector and died in obscurity, three decades before the critical reassessment of his work.
- Author(s)Herman Melville
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication29/04/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleDover Thrift Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight318 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.