Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $82.23Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHIGHLIGHT Hibernate Search in Action presents the concepts and techniques a Java developer needs to add full-featured search to enterprise applications. Author Emmanuel Bernard is the lead developer of the Hibernate Search project at RedHat/JBoss. DESCRIPTION Enterprise and web applications require full-featured, Google-quality search capabilities, but such features are toriously difficult to implement and maintain. Hibernate Search builds on the Lucene feature set and offers an easyto- implement interface that integrates seamlessly with Hibernate--the leading data persistence solution for Java applications. Hibernate Search in Action introduces both the principles of enterprise search and the implementation details a Java developer will need to use Hibernate Search effectively. This book blends the insights of the Hibernate Search lead developer with the practical techniques required to index and manipulate data, assemble and execute search queries, and create smart filters for better search results. Along the way, the reader masters performance-boosting concepts like using Hibernate Search in a clustered environment and integrating with the features already in your applications. This book assumes you're a competent Java developer with some experience using Hibernate and Lucene. KEY POINTS * Hibernate Search is a mature (version 3) techlogy with the full support and backing of JBoss/RedHat. * Authors Bernard and Griffin are well-kwn as the experts in this area. * Writing is concise and to-the-point, staying focused on practical concerns. MARKET INFORMATION Enterprise applications require high-quality search to give users access to and control over the massive amounts of information stored in databases and other structures. Lucene, the ultra-powerful foundation for many search implementations, is difficult to use directly. Hibernate Search makes the power of Lucene directly available to the millions of Java developers working with Hibernatebased applications.
- Author BiographyEmmanuel Bernard joined the Hibernate team in 2003 and is now the lead developer of Hibernate Annotations and Hibernate EntityManager, two key projects on top of the Hibernate core implementing the Java Persistence specification. He has also led the Hibernate Search project from its inception, reconciling the two fields. Emmanuel has been involved in ORM and Full Text search and is a regular speaker at various conferences and JUGs, including JavaOne, JBoss World, and Javapolis (Javoxx). He is also involved in the Java Community Process as a specification lead for JSR 303 (Bean Validation) and as an expert group member for JSR 317 (Java Persistence 2.0). John Griffin is the software engineer/architect for SOS Staffing Services, Inc. He was formerly the lead e-commerce architect for Iomega Corporation, lead SOA architect for Realm Systems, and an independent consultant for the Dept of the Interior, among many other callings. John is the author of XML and SQL Server 2000 published by New Riders Press. He is a member of the ACM.
- Author(s)Emmanuel Bernard
- PublisherManning Publications
- Date of Publication08/01/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintManning Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight868 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.