All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.94
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $33.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis important book explores the various ways that higher education contributes to the realization of significant public ends and examines how leaders can promote and enhance their contribution to the social charter through new policies and best practices. It also shows how other sectors of society, government agencies, foundations, and individuals can partner with institutions of higher education to promote the public good. Higher Education for the Public Good includes contributions from leaders in the field many of whom participated in dialogues hosted by the National Forum on Higher Education for the Public Good. These leaders are responsible for creating successful strategies, programs, and efforts that foster the public's role in higher education.
- Author BiographyAdrianna J. Kezar is associate professor at the University of Southern California. She is the author of Understanding and Facilitating Change in the 21st Century from Jossey-Bass. Tony C. Chambers is senior fellow at the National Forum on Higher Education for the Public Good and faculty in the Program on American Cultures at the University of Michigan. John C. Burkhardt is professor of higher and postsecondary education at the University of Michigan and is director of the National Forum on Higher Education for the Public Good.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication27/05/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight554 g
- Width161 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byAdrianna J. Kezar,Anthony C. Chambers,John Burkhardt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.