All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- Description'There are more than thirty major figures cut out of the grass on Britain's hillsides; cut as religious symbols, way markers, or as decoration to the landscape. Often, although prominently placed, the figures are overlooked, and in this book the author describes their exact location, the best point to view them and their history and legends' - The Times .
- Author BiographyKate Bergamar is a pen name for Margaret Baker, author of the other Shire titles, Discovering Christmas Customs and Folklore, Discovering Folklore of Plants and London Statues and Monuments.
- Author(s)Kate Bergamar
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/01/1998
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleShire Discovering
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 12
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width113 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.