All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.25Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionAn accessible, exciting biography of the most powerful woman in the USA. First ...student commencement speaker at Wellesley First ...woman to become full partner at Rose Law Firm First ...Lady of the United States First ...First Lady to hold a postgraduate degree First ...First Lady to win a Grammy Award First ...elected female Senator of New York First ...woman to be a presidential candidate in every primary in every state First ...First Lady to seek the presidency As the 2016 election nears, everyone is talking about Hillary and her run for the US presidency. From her recent New York Times bestselling memoir, Hard Choices, to news coverage, and magazine covers-Hillary is a woman to be watched- and read about. Always aim high, work hard, and care deeply about what you believe in...And, when you're kcked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone who says you can't or shouldn't go on. -Hillary Rodham Clinton As a young girl growing up in the fifties, Hillary Diane Rodham had an unusual upbringing for the time-her parents told her, You can do or be whatever you choose, as long as you're willing to work for it. Hillary took those words and ran. Whether it was campaigning at the age of thirteen in the 1964 presidential election, receiving a standing ovation and being featured in LIFE magazine as the first student commencement speaker at Wellesley, or graduating from Yale Law School-she was always one to stand out from the pack. And that was only the beginning. From First Lady of the United States to the first female Senator of New York and most recently as the United States Secretary of State. An activist all her life, she has been devoted to health care reform, child care, and women's rights, among others.
- Author BiographyKaren Blumenthal is a former journalist for The Wall Street Journal, two-time winner of the YALSA Excellence in Nonfiction finalist award, and recipient of numerous starred reviews. Also the author of STEVE JOBS: THE MAN WHO THOUGHT DIFFERENT, Blumenthal's writing is smart, concise, and captivating. She lives in Dallas, Texas.
- Author(s)Karen Blumenthal
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication12/01/2016
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Childrens
- Out-of-print date02/02/2017
- Weight416 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementExport/Airside
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.