All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionOn October 9-12, 1996, over 400 scholars, researchers, and teachers gathered at the University of Louisville for the first Thomas R. Watson Conference in Rhetoric and Composition. History, Reflection, and Narrative combines oral histories and reflections collected from the featured speakers at the Conference-scholars, teachers, and researchers whose work has been among the most influential in composition's development-with critical perspectives on the period from 1963 to 1983 by ather generation of scholars, many of whom will play an important role in defining composition's future. This book offers an important contribution to our ongoing understanding of how composition came to be the profession it is, how the present builds on the past, and how the present may challenge the future.
- Author BiographyMARY ROSNER is Associate Professor of English, teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in composition, rhetoric, and literature. Her current interests are interdiciplinary: feminist readings of science, Victorian science and fiction, and the making of knowledge in composition theory. BETH BOEHM is Associate Professor of English at the University of Louisville, where she also directs graduate studies in English. She teaches and writes about British Literature, Rhetoric, and Narrative Threory. DEBRA JOURNET is Professor and Chair of English at the University of Louisville. Her research focuses on the rhetoric of science and has appeared in such journals as Written Communication, Social Epistemology, Mosaic, and Technical Communication Quarterly.
- Date of Publication21/12/1999
- Series TitlePerspectives on Writing: Theory, Reasearch, Practice
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 3
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAblex Publishing Corporation
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight724 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBeth A. Boehm,Debra Journet,Mary Rosner
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.