Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.78
- AU $12.21Trending at AU $16.29
About this product
- Description<i>Home Front</i> is Hannah's crowning achievement. <b>--</b><i>The Huffington Post</i></p>In this powerhouse of a vel, Kristin Hannah explores the intimate landscape of a troubled marriage with this provocative and timely portrait of a husband and wife, in love and at war. </p><i>All marriages have a breaking point. All families have wounds. All wars have a cost. . . .</i></p>Like many couples, Michael and Jolene Zarkades have to face the pressures of everyday life<b>--</b>children, careers, bills, chores<b>--</b>even as their twelve-year marriage is falling apart. Then a deployment sends Jolene deep into harm's way and leaves defense attorney Michael at home, unaccustomed to being a single parent to their two girls. As a mother, it agonizes Jolene to leave her family, but as a solider, she has always understood the true meaning of duty. In her letters home, she paints a rose-colored version of her life on the front lines, shielding her family from the truth. But war will change Jolene in ways that ne of them could have foreseen. When tragedy strikes, Michael must face his darkest fear and fight a battle of his own<b>--</b>for everything that matters to his family.</p>At once a profoundly honest look at modern marriage and a dramatic exploration of the toll war takes on an ordinary American family, <i>Home Front</i> is a story of love, loss, heroism, hor, and ultimately, hope.</p> Hannah has written a remarkable tale of duty, love, strength, and hope that is at times poignant and always thoroughly captivating and relevant. --<i>Library Journal </i>(starred review)</p>
- Author BiographyA former lawyer turned writer, KRISTIN HANNAH is the mother of one son and lives with her husband in the Pacific Northwest and Hawaii.
- Author(s)Kristin Hannah
- Date of Publication08/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight363 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.