All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.68
- AU $102.00Trending at AU $108.22
- AU $28.99Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $42.99Trending at AU $55.54
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.68
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $52.02
- AU $42.74Trending at AU $50.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe Horse Soldiersis the true, dramatic account of a small band of Special Forces soldiers who entered Afghanistan immediately following September 11, 2001 and, riding to war on horses, defeated the Taliban. Outnumbered 40 to 1, they capture the strategic Afghan city of Mazar-e Sharif, and thereby effectively defeat the Taliban throughout the rest of the country. They are welcomed as liberators as they ride on horses into the city, the streets thronged with Afghans overjoyed that the Taliban have been kicked out. The soldiers rest easy, as they feel they have accomplished their mission. And then, the action takes a wholly unexpected turn. During a surrender of Taliban troops, the Horse Soldiers are ambushed by the would-be P.O.W.s and, still dangerously outnumbered, they must fight for their lives in the city's ancient fortress kwn as Qala-I Janghi, or the House of War ...
- Author BiographyDoug Stanton has travelled extensively as a contributing editor for the US Esquire, and other magazines. With his contacts in the Department of Defence, Pentagon, and various branches of the US military, Stanton is a subject matter expert in the areas of insurgency, counter-insurgency, and unconventional and civil wars. Dennis Boutsikaris won an OBIE Award for his performance in Sight Unseen and played Mozart in Amadeus on Broadway. Among his films are *batteries not included, The Dream Team, and Boys On the Side. His many television credits include And Then There Was One, Chasing the Dragon and 100 Center Street.
- Author(s)Doug Stanton
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication06/07/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationRiverside
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Audio
- Weight180 g
- Width130 mm
- Height146 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Read byDennis Boutsikaris
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time420
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.