All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection covers the broad vision of mankind's history with a story of an individual journey, in the course of which the poet explores the cosmic and the microcosm, the immensities of Time and Space, of becoming and Being. The poems came during a pilgrimage in south-western Anatolia. Matur has created a personalised icography based on Islamic references and imagery, and she presenting complex ideas with a simplicity of expression that is perfectly mirrored in Ruth Christie's translation.
- Author BiographyBejan Matur has published four books of poetry, her first winning two major literary prizes. Her poetry has been translated into 17 different languages and she also writes non-fiction prose in books and columns. She conducts social projects with children, women and the younger population who were removed from their villages and is the founder of Diyarbakir Culture and Art Foundation, which was established in 2008. Currently, Matur devotes all her time to writing poetry, and occasionally contributes to an internet journal and newspapers.
- Author(s)Bejan Matur
- PublisherArc Publications
- Date of Publication17/03/2012
- LanguageEnglish & Turkish
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLancs
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArc Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byRuth Christie
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.