All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionTo meet the goals of No Child Left Behind, standardized testing is preeminent as the sole indicator determining whether states all across America demonstrate adequate yearly progress of student achievement in literacy education. This book will help teachers and parents raise children's scores on standardized reading tests. Using ntechnical language, Steven Schneider shows how parents and teachers can assist children by extending and reinforcing education at home while utilizing a 20-minute literacy workout called Pinpoint Reading. This program features a handy guide with student-friendly activities and strategies for teachers and parents of elementary and middle school children. How Parents Can Help Kids Improve Test Scores features: * Suggestions on how to set up a quiet study area * A review of the Pinpoint Reading Program that outlines specific steps and procedures * Probing Strategies * Note-taking skills * A review of critical comprehension skills, metacognitive strategies, and phonics procedures * Effective study skills strategies Parents and teachers-working in a symbiotic relationship-can help children become lifelong readers and learners.
- Author BiographySteve Schneider has been a reading teacher in New York serving many schools throughout his career. He is professor of Literacy Education at Manhattanville College and Long Island University. For over thirty-five years, he has worked to help children achieve greater literacy knowledge and understanding of the world around them and has strived to make all of his students more responsible citizens to their society and to themselves.
- Author(s)Steven Schneider
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication02/06/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width166 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.