Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionEver wonder if our species' development is guided by a greater intelligence? Or if your goofy-looking neighbor is really an alien on an assignment of global scale? How much soul should one be willing to swap for a little comfort? Who wants to trade for a baloney sandwich? Stan Davis ponders this and more throughout his day as a white laborer on an all-black crew in the Deep South. Shoved from the nest at 19, the bright but indolent son of luxury struggles to make his way in a world of country clubs, convenience stores, topless bars and trailer parks. How to Build a Skydeck is a pre-Digital Age tale of black and white, rich and poor, pot-smokin aliens, angels and God. Despite the irreverent setting and blue-collar characters, this very human, deeply thoughtful and occasionally sarcastic tale will forever change how you think about the origin and destiny of humankind.
- Author BiographyDavid L. Bradley hails from a good family by way of an extended visit to the wrong side of the tracks. He knows his way around a construction site and considers his time spent there a necessary evil. He currently lives in Atlanta with his wife, two children, a dog, a cat, and a collection of antique hardcover books, none of which he has never read, saying he collects them for their smell. He enjoys grinding coffee, passing ludicrous judgments, and baking muffins.
- Author(s)David L Bradley
- Date of Publication27/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.