How to Get a Job in Consulting by Stephen James Pidgeon (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe goal of this book is to help you get a job with a top management consulting company. </p>Its primary audience is current and prospective MBA students, although it should also be very useful to anyone going through one of the other channels into consulting, including undergraduate recruiting and experienced hires.</p>It gives candidates an in-depth, insider look at the entire process of recruiting, including how to get the most out of on-campus events, how to network, how to prepare for interviews, and how to succeed in interviews.</p>Why should you listen to me (or buy this book)?</p>I believe I'm in a fairly unique situation that gives me a lot of insight into consulting recruiting. I've been through it as a student, a consultant, and w a career coach at Tuck, a top Business School, where it's my job to counsel students and help them get their dream consulting job. </p>Each year I provide personal counseling and coaching to over a hundred students who are trying to get a job in consulting. Many of the students I've counseled are w working at top consulting companies like McKinsey, Bain and BCG or are headed there soon.</p>I also work closely with recruiters to help them achieve their goal of hiring the best candidates. Part of my job is to understand the nuances between firms, and to keep abreast of how each firm runs its recruiting and interviewing process. I do this by maintaining close relationships with both senior consultants and recruiting staff at each firm and regularly talking with them about these issues.</p>
- Author BiographyStephen Pidgeon is a former McKinsey consultant and is currently Associate Director in the Career Development Office at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College, which is consistently ranked amongst the World's top Business Schools.</p>In his role at Tuck, Stephen helps students get internships and full time positions in all of the World's top consulting companies; including McKinsey & Company, Bain & Company, The Boston Consulting Group, Deloitte Consulting, and many more. </p>Each year, Stephen counsels more than a hundred students, helping them navigate the on-campus recruiting process, and coaching them to succeed in consulting case and experience interviews.</p>In addition, Stephen is one of the most sought-after interview coaches on Evisors.com, where he coaches students from around the World (including undergrad, MBA and other advanced degrees) and experienced hires.</p>Prior to working at Tuck, Stephen was an Engagement Manager at McKinsey & Company, based in the London office, during which time he served top leaders of many global organizations. He was particularly active as an interviewer, attending company presentations on campuses, mentoring candidates, and taking part in countless interviews and decision meetings.</p>Stephen received his MBA from the Tuck School of Business in 2007, where he successfully navigated the consulting recruiting process, receiving offers from two of the top consulting firms. He spent his summer internship with McKinsey & Company.</p>Stephen lives in Vermont with his wife and two daughters, and when he is not counseling students spends his time renovating his house or cutting down trees in his backyard.
- Author(s)Stephen James Pidgeon
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.