All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionHow to Major In You and Find the Right College is a proven 5 step process that helps teens shift from anxious, confused, and overwhelmed to confident, organized, and successful in their searches. This visual coaching program enables teens to develop their lists of colleges that are the right fit and, ultimately, choose the right match! Dr. Jill Greenbaum's academic background and experience as a teacher, curriculum developer, visual coach, parent of a college graduate, and college admission interviewer informs her work with teens and their parents during this challenging time. The 5 step process, Making the GRADE, is the easiest, fastest, least expensive way to create the short list of colleges that are the best matches! The steps are: GOALSET-get clear on who you are, by identifying your strengths, needs, wants, and challenges, both academically and socially. RESEARCH-learn about the path to choosing colleges, where you are on the path and what colleges seek in students. ANALYZE-appraise your academic record and extracurricular activities, and draft a list of colleges. DECIDE-determine the colleges that are the best matches, move forward with completing applications and interviews for a select group of colleges. EVALUATE-reflect on who you are becoming and choose which college environment will enable you to thrive. They provide a full understanding of the path that is crucial to teens' success. In this full color workbook, teens step into responsibility for their search, engage in Dr. Greenbaum's coach approach to the college search, use her visual maps and multimedia resources to complete-and thrive-during the journey. This book is for students who are just beginning the college search process or for those who have been trying to complete it for months. In it, teens discover strategies, tools, and tips designed to help them enjoy (most of) the college selection process. This hands-on approach is fresh, different, and totally engaging-the way the college search should be!
- Author BiographyJill Greenbaum, Ed.D., founder of Major In You, is a nationally recognized speaker and expert in empowerment and strengths-based coaching. Her personalized and creative approach is founded upon education theory and her years of practice in both education and coaching. She has worked with over 6,000 students as a speaker and coach. While she is passionate about her individual coaching work with teens, to increase her impact, Jill has developed seminars and redesigned her coaching program for teens. Now, Making the GRADE, can be used with groups. Jill is a gifted and popular speaker in high schools, as well as regional, and national conferences. She brings her academic background, decades of experience in the field of education, expertise in interactive learning, and a wealth of practical strategies, methods, and resources to her audiences. Jill is an educator, writer, speaker, parent of a recent college graduate, and an alumni interviewer for Clark University. Jill began her career as a teacher for students with special education needs in the New York City public school system, and became a principal and administrator. Her bachelor's and master's degrees in child psychology and special education (respectively), and her doctorate in curriculum development, from Teachers College, Columbia University, form the foundation of her academic background. She is also a graduate of CoachU and Martin Seligman's Authentic Happiness Coaching Program. She's an innovator in using visuals to coach teens and parents during the college search, and her work is grounded in the field of positive psychology. She uses a strengths-based approach in working with teens to help them understand themselves, meet challenges and problem-solve. This particular framework encourages self- awareness, reduces anxiety, enhances clients' self esteem, facilitates growth and goal achievement, and sets Jill apart from the competition. Jill's blog, which can be found on her website, www.majorinyou.com, provides up-to-date information and commentary about the latest ideas and trends in the field of college admissions. She has authored several ebooks, articles, ecourses, and teleclasses. Her website offers a variety of materials including free articles, mini-assessments, and information about her individual and group coaching programs. You can hear her radio show, College Bound & Determined on www.webtalkradio.net.
- Author(s)Jill Greenbaum Ed D
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width213 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.