Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionSo, you've been given a conference to run. Whether it's part of your job or you are a complete vice, you will only get one chance to get it right. It is a 'live' event, which cant be re-run. But don't panic. As with most organisational projects, there is a formula you can use and a sequence you can follow to minimise the risk of failure. This revised and updated edition of How to Run A Successful Conference shows you how. John G. Fisher gives clear and practical guidance on how to manage, in the right sequence, all those who contribute to the success of a conference, from the service providers to the speakers. He gives sound advice on everything you need to consider, such as: the objectives of your conference; building the budget; finding the right venue; when to bring in the professionals; event management and logistics; organising accommodation; food and drink; going abroad; and, using techlogy. You'll also find advice on how to assess the success of your event. If you've just been given the task of running a conference, don't even think about it until you've read this book.
- Author BiographyJohn G Fisher John G Fisher is a director of The Motivation Consultancy, which provides advice on all matters relating to performance improvement. He is the author of How to Run Successful Incentive Schemes, How to Run a Successful Conference, E-business for the Small Business and How to Beat Your Competitors, all published by Kogan Page.
- Author(s)John G. Fisher
- PublisherKogan Page Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2000
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleCreating Success
- Series Part/Volume Number32
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKogan Page Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations, diagrams
- Weight172 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.