All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEndorsed by the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI) the national association representing human resource and people management professionals Human Resource Management, 8th edition, presents a comprehensive coverage of key HRM topics. Ray Stone s Human Resource Management is the longest running and most successful Australian textbook ever produced in the field of HRM. The 8th edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the impact of the Fair Work Act on the relationship between employers and employees, as well as on the work of HR professionals. Numerous practical examples throughout the text highlight contemporary HR issues, such as: employee engagement flexible working arrangements work life balance generational issues in the workplace skills shortages in various industries the importance of effective employee recruitment and training the cost of involuntary staff turver increasing diversity in the workplace outsourcing corporate social and ethical responsibility globalisation negotiation change management In addition to a thorough analysis of the contemporary HR landscape in Australia, the text provides useful comparisons with HR practices in regional countries such as India, China and Japan.
- Author BiographyRaymond J. Stone, BA, BCom, DipSocStud (Melb), MA (Ottawa), PhD (Hong Kong), CMAHRI. Raymond J. Stone has more than 30 years experience in international HRM and has held senior positions in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan and Korea. His work experience covers compensation and benefi ts, recruitment and selection, psychological appraisal, industrial relations, HRM research, training and development, and strategic human resource planning and policy development. He has taught at Australian, Japanese, Hong Kong and British universities. His articles about negotiation and international HRM have been published in leading academic and business journals in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Author(s)Raymond J. Stone
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton, QLD
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Weight1642 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.