All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionHysterectomy is the second most common major surgical procedure performed on women in the United States. For some women, the decision to have a hysterectomy is an easy one; for others, it is a difficult choice associated with concerns about risks, discomfort, and female identity. Yet many disorders of the uterus-fibroid tumors, uterine and cervical cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, ademyosis, and uterine prolapse-may require surgical treatment. In this thoroughly updated edition of Hysterectomy: Exploring Your Options, gynecologists Edward E. Wallach, Esther Eisenberg, Isabel Green, and Stacey A. Scheib describe and explain every aspect of the procedure, including, Symptoms of gynecological disorders that may require uterine fibroid removal or hysterectomy; the full range of diagstic and therapeutic imaging techniques, including MRI-focused ultrasound; thorough explanations of specific alternative measures that may be used to avoid the need for hysterectomy; the various techniques for hysterectomy, including single-incision surgery and robotic hysterectomy; how to prepare for surgery and what to expect while in the hospital; details on the surgery and postoperative recovery, including information about pain medications, when to resume daily activities, how sexual function may be affected, future reproductive possibilities, and the benefits and risks of hormone replacement therapy. Included in this compassionate, comprehensive guide to treatment and recovery for women having - or deciding whether to have - a hysterectomy are stories of women whose own experiences with hysterectomy offer useful advice for anyone considering the procedure.
- Author BiographyEdward E. Wallach, MD, is the University DistinguishedService Professor Emeritus, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Esther Eisenberg, MD, MPH, is a professor of obstetrics and gynecology and the director of reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. Isabel Green, MD, is an assistant professor of gynecology in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Stacey A. Scheib, MD, is an assistant professor of gynecology and obstetrics, the director of minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, and the director of the Johns Hopkins Multidisciplinary Fibroid Center in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Author(s)Edward E. Wallach,Esther Eisenberg,Isabel Green,Stacey A. Scheib
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication27/03/2015
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleA Johns Hopkins Press Health Book
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note21, 21 black & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.